see more Women's Waterproof Cycling Jackets
Women's Elite 2.1 Jacket
by Showers Pass
Women's Elite 2.1 Jacket
by Showers Pass
This thoughtfully engineered, updated, Elite 2.1 jacket is a wet weather cyclist's best friend. With waterproof, breathable eVent fabric and several features to help regulate body temperature like core venting, a large back vent, Velcro-adjustable gusseted cuffs, and a two-way front zip, you'll find it's easy to avoid overheating.
See some real life cyclists demonstrate the fabulous details and unique features of the Showers Pass Elite 2.1 Jacket!
|# of pockets:||2|
|wind rating:||windproof 360|
|hood:||optional (not included)|
|country of origin:||Vietnam|
- eVent® lightweight, compact, completely waterproof and highly breathable fabric
- fully taped seams
- moisture vapor transmission rate of 22,000
- AquaGuard® Vislon® water resistant 2-way front zipper with zipper garage
- waterproof side zippers for core venting
- large, covered back mesh vent
- wrist cuffs allow air flow; velcro closures make it easy to cinch cuffs closed when needed
- elastic cinch cord at collar and hem
- large zippered back pocket welded to jacket (reduces bulk and weight)
- front Napoleon pocket with waterproof zipper and internal audio port
- extensive 3M Scotchlite reflective taping
- light loop (for attaching an LED flasher) on rear vent
- micro-fleece collar
- velcro attachment points for (optional) compact hood
- dropped tail to keep back dry
- the Elite 2.1 Jacket has an updated fit, please check the sizing chart
- Torso length from top of shoulder to bottom hem in size small is 22 inches in front, 27 inches in back. Larger sizes will be longer by as much as several inches in an XL.
- for more info see The Event fabric web site
Showers Pass Women's Size Chart Women's Jackets
for Elite 2.1 Jacket by Showers Pass (2 reviews)
Great Cycling Jacket
Overall a great cycling coat. I used it this past weekend on a day where the temperature was about 45 and the wind was blowing at about 20 mph. It did a great job of blocking the wind yet was still breathable. No rain so I can't attest to its ability to stop you from getting wet. The zippers are a little sticky, but that may be because they are still new. If you are a serious cyclist, I would say this coat is worth the investment.
- I would recommend this to a friend
Sweaty Cyclists, Celebrate!
If you sweat a great deal, if you turn red like a cooked lobster while riding or running, if you overheat in most "breathable" jackets... here is the jacket you've been longing for!
This jacket is perfect on the bike, with long arms (I have 33 inch arms and the XL fit beautifully) a lovely dropped tail (covers my big butt completely) and a higher front hem that doesn't wad up when you're in the drops (front hem ends where my hips fold).
I have the bright pink, which is a bright-bright-bright and very flattering color. The reflective tape is good, but you may want to add a strip of Lightweight's fabric tape (available from TE) down one of the seams of the black side panels if you commute.
The fabric is waterproof and truly breathable, unlike most "breathable" fabrics I've experienced. The pit zips scoop air at your ribs and send it whooshing out the vent between your shoulderblades, which is blissful. The collar is tall enough to rise above the drip zone from your helmet, so there really aren't any drips running down your neck. I don't feel the need to buy the optional hood, as the collar and my helmet (Lazer) seem to work together in a cosmic synergy keeping me cool and dry... or at least keeping my head slightly and comfortably cool and damp and the rest of me dry.
Pockets are a good usable size and the pocket zippers seem to be waterproof. The jacket's front zipper is also quite good at keeping water out. Be warned, the first few times you use the front zipper are tough going. Be patient. The patented interlocking contours of the teeth are worth the break-in period. (They really do work to keep water out.)
There is no external rain flap on this jacket (thanks to the funky zipper!) so no velcro to snag the heck out of your clothes.
Yes, this little booger is expensive. If I had known what a great jacket it was I could have saved myself a good bit of money buying it FIRST instead of struggling with several less expensive and less fabulous jackets prior.
- Dries Quickly
- Cold Weather
- Wet Weather
- Casual Wear
- Fit: Feels true to size
- Sleeve Length: Feels true to length