Bike Fit Resources and Fitting Systems
If long rides leave you full of aches and pains, it's possible that your bike isn't adjusted properly. A bike fit will help you (or your local bike shop) make the appropriate adjustments to help you ride efficiently and in comfort.
- BikeFitting.com - available through Merlin and Litespeed dealers.
- Body Scanning CRM - laser based measurement system
- Fit Kit - popular system available through many bike shops.
- Serotta Size Cycle - utilizes a fully adjustable stationary bicycle to determine your ideal fit.
- WobbleNaught - uses laser measurements, EMG (electromyography), and force plates to develop a scientifically precise fit.
- Bill Boston Cycles markets Accufit software and offers several articles on bicycle fitting.
- Zinn Cycles
- Boulder Center for Sports Medicine
- How To Fit A Bicycle by Peter John White
- Google search results on bike fit
The books referenced below contain chapters on bike fit:
- Bicycle Road Racing: The Complete Program for Training and Competition by Edward Borysewicz & Ed Pavelka
- Greg LeMond's Complete Book of Bicycling
- High-Tech Cycling by Ed Burke
- Mountain Bike Like A Champion by Ned Overend & Ed Pavelka
- Zinn and the Art of Mountain Bike Maintenance by Lennard Zinn
- Zinn and the Art of Road Bike Maintenance by Lennard Zinn